Darkwood Realms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Transcendent Travelers (World Plot)

Jack
    Jack
    Admin

The Transcendent Travelers (World Plot) Empty The Transcendent Travelers (World Plot)

Post by Jack Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:53 pm

"The wind howls through these empty halls.
    Darkess calls these walls home.
    Build by fear and power. Build by terror.
    Unlocks the unknown.
    Beasts wrapped in slumber now awaken as the barriers fall.
    The Demon Chained by Shadows now walks the night.
    Heed the call travelers wide.
    To venture forth to untold lands.
    To vie for glory
    To die in vain.
    Will you know tell us your story?
    Or do you not seek such fame.
    The Gate's ripped asunder.
    by untold power.
    Long forgotten magic.
    Now tears through the lands.
    What heroes will rise
    and Shadows fall.
    Here now is the Travellers call.
    Here now you will choose to rise or fall.
    A call to arms. A call to hope.
    Rests now in the hands of adventurers.
    Will they heed the call.
    "
    -Cadderly's Call, Year of the Torn Gates. 1325

It has been a century since the Gates first opened, and this world known as the Darkwood, was changed forever. Here now is the account of Cadderly as witnessed by me the Scribe of Ages, Jack Erendhart. Cursed by the Undeath. Chronicler of the times.

"The wind howled horribly that day. The storms that appeared seemed that the gods were weeping for all of Darkwood. That even this Event was beyond their power to control. It was the Day of The Gates, and I was a young man still growing, Still mortal....

What are the Gates? No one is certain their origin nor their purpose. Maybe they occurred naturally as magic some times creates? Maybe it was a cruel twist of fate, held by the gods. To give the people something to fear, something to explore. What is known about the gates is they are doorways to other dimensions. Other places and other times.

It was the day of the Gates that i first became cursed with undeath. So much destruction happened that day.
    It was the day that those ancient pillars in whats now called the Plain of Darkness, Opened up a gate way between the threads of time and space itself. And from that Gate came unimaginable horrors. Devils and elements, Wraiths and lich's things of pure evil. Things our world did not know how to fight. But there was some that knew of the Devils and their fearsome minions, Priests like Cadderly, and magi like myself. Sped with all haste to close the gateways and banish the evil that came from within.

An untold hero and my dear friend rose to the aid of millons then flashed away stricken mortally by a devil. For that day we rose and became heroes of legend. Legend that was to be forgotten for the sake of the worlds.

That day we were only able to lock away that dark dimension. Bound in chains, and sealed with the life force of Cadderly. For you see his spirit now guards that realm. The doorway to the Abyss. But great damage was done to this world. And many dark forces now stride upon these lands.

But there is hope, In order to keep the Abyss locked, Cadderly sealed his lifeforce to the Gateways. Where now his is known as the Guide. For you see other pathways still remain and he strives with the help of adventurers to explore and plot the universe.

As Cadderly sealed the gate I fought a great and powerful demon, a demon Liasa. We battled for hours as i protected Cadderly allowing him to finish his work. Once the doorway was sealed, I used the last remainder of my magic to banish Liasa back to the Abyss. In her final words she cursed me with Undeath, Saying "I shall not allow you the pleasure of dying of old age you will live forever as i will. One day I will be free of my prison, Then i will come to you and torment you forever and never allow you the Joy of death."

So Ends my account of the Day of the Gates.

~ Jack Erendhart "Chronicler of Time"

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:34 am